Professional Liability (E&O) + Cyber Liability + Business Owners Policy (BOP) + Workers’ Comp + Managment Liability
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors & omissions coverage, provides protection for defense costs and settlement payments for allegations that your firms’ work or advice was inadequate, contained errors, or failed to meet specifications.
Our Accounting Professional Liability Program offers broad protection for a wide range of accounting professionals, including bookkeepers, tax preparers, investment advisors, personal fiduciary or trustee service advisors, arbitrators, enrolled agents, and notary public, and many more. Our Accounting Professional Liability Program provides flexible coverages that can be tailored to meet the needs of your firm—and it’s designed to keep up with growing firms.
We understand your specific risks and challenges and specialize in defending Accounting professionals. Our agents, risk managers, and claims professionals have the expertise to help tailor coverage to meet your needs. We offer robust Risk Solutions for accountants, including a dedicated risk management hotline to help you avoid losses.
Our Accounting Professional Liability Program provides superb protection along with a variety of customizable options. We will tailor coverages to meet your unique needs.
Expert claims and risk management services
Our program’s risk management services set up apart from other options in the marketplace. We firmly believe the best way to reduce claims expenses is to avoid them altogether. That’s why our risk management experts are there for you. Our confidential hotline is staffed by lawyers and experienced accounting-claims professionals. You can rely on the hotline to discuss best practices and concerns about potential claims.
Engagement letters are a powerful tool in defending yourself from claims. We can help you draft a strong engagement letter clearly laying out the scope of services being provided.
- Privacy and security liability – liability arising from a privacy breach (failure to protect personally identifiable information) or a security breach (failure to protect systems)
- Cyber media liability – liability for infringements related to electronic media
- Breach event expenses – expenses for notification costs, forensic investigation, credit monitoring, call center and PR firms
- Breach reward expenses – expenses to pay informants who provide information leading to the capture and conviction of a “hacker”
- Breach restoration expenses – expenses to rebuild data/media
- Cyber investigations – defense costs for regulatory investigations
- Cyber business interruption and extra expense – coverage for loss of net income/continuing expenses arising out of a security breach
- Cyber extortion expenses – coverage for loss of funds surrendered for threats to release confidential records
- Cyber theft – coverage for loss of funds or property due to fraudulent transfer via entry into a computer system through the internet
A business owner policy (BOP) combines protection for all major property and liability risks in one package. This type of policy assembles the basic coverages required by a business owner in one bundle. It is usually sold at a premium that is less than the total cost of the individual coverages.
- Property insurance—Protect your building, furniture, equipment, and other valuable assets from natural disaster, theft and other damage
- General liability insurance—Even if you do everything right as a business owner, accidents can happen. General liability insurance helps pay for the costs to defend and settle claims against your business for bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury.
- Loss of income and extra expense—If your businesses can’t open for business because of damage from a natural disaster or other property damage, we offer protection that will reimburse you for loss of business income.
- Data breach—In today’s world, all small businesses face the threat of their sensitive data being lost, stolen or compromised. That’s why we include data breach coverage to help pay for notification, credit monitoring, and investigation expenses.
- Fast claims handling—Claims can be reported 24/7. Within 24 hours of your claim, we initiate contact with you, your employee, and the doctor assigned to the case.
- Stress-free care coordination—Experienced, caring nurse case managers put you and your employees at ease and coordinate care, treatments, physical, emotional and occupational therapies.
- Loss control services—Help reduce work hazards with accident prevention, safety audits and training programs.
- Established medical and pharmacy networks—Our extensive network of high-quality health care providers, medical equipment suppliers, and pharmacies ensures your employee is well cared for, and costs are kept under control.
- Flexible payment options—With flexible down payments and billing options, we make it easy to manage Workers’ Compensation expenses.
- One-stop shopping—As part of your total business insurance solution, your Workers’ Compensation insurance can be bundled and billed with your other Hanover policies, saving you time and reducing administrative headaches.
Our Managment Liability coverage options help to protect the assets of private companies and the personal assets of its directors, management, and employees from potential liability exposures and the resulting financial consequences. Coverages include:
Directors and Officers Liability Insurance (D&O)—Protects privately owned companies, their directors and officers, from claims brought against them by investors, customers, suppliers, competitors, and the government
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPL)— Protects against the financial damage of claims brought by employees and third parties for wrongful employment acts based on discrimination, workplace hostility, defamation or humiliation, and more.
Fiduciary Liability Insurance—Protects the company, employees and fiduciaries who design, administer, and manage pension, health and welfare, employee stock ownership, and employee benefit plans alleged to have breached their fiduciary duty
Fidelity & Crime Insurance—Protects against loss caused by criminal acts, including employee theft, burglary, robbery, computer fraud, and funds transfer fraud, and more
Kidnap/Ransom and Extortion Insurance—Protects against loss of assets arising from kidnapping and extortion where personal harm or destruction of products or property are threatened
Cyber Privacy and Security Insurance—Protects the company from liability and other expenses related to the loss of confidential personal information.
Other coverage you may need:
- Commercial Auto – If you have vehicles titled to your business then you need a commercial auto policy.
- Umbrella – A cost effective strategy to increase your general liability limits is to add an umbrella policy.